THE PRESTON MONOPOLY ‘BIG REVEAL’…and WE are in the game!
The much-anticipated board hits the shops this morning at 10am (Thursday 22nd October 2020).
And the ‘Big Reveal’ of the game sees:
- George’s feature on our very own MONOPOLY space! We get to appear on an orange square from the classic game’s original.
- The Grade 1 Listed Harris Museum and Art Gallery crowned the new ‘Mayfair of Preston’. Mayfair is the top spot on the classic London MONOPOLY board and in this unique Preston version of the world’s most famous board game it will be a museum that occupies the leading position in the game.
- And completing the board’s most expensive set will be Winckley Square Hotel, which gets to replace Park Lane from the MONOPOLY original. Park Lane in real-life is the London capital of hotels… so the Preston MONOPOLY bosses felt it was fitting that one of the Northwest’s most prestigious hotels gets to land on this very prestigious spot.
- The famous Preston Guild Hall gets to ‘live on’ and be immortalised. In real-life it is currently closed. But in the new game there is a card dedicated to it celebrating a “Grand Re-Opening”.
- Other landmarks starring in this edition include Deepdale, the (some Listed) red telephone boxes on Market Street, the University of Central Lancashire, Avenham Park, No. 10 Preston, both the Flag and Covered markets… + lots more crown jewels of Preston.
- Several charities ‘Pass GO’ too, including St Catherine’s Hospice, One Voice Community Choir and Dig In.
- The train stations from the original board are handed over to a ‘travel’ theme including Preston Guild Wheel and Preston train station.
The makers of this new Preston version of the world’s most famous board game are proudly describing the new game as:
“A Love Letter to Preston”.
And tourist and civic leaders have been very quick to praise the new game.
The Mayor of Preston, Cllr David Borrow, says:
“This is a very tough time for Preston and Lancashire so we need all the good news we can get. Preston’s very own MONOPOLY game – highlighting what’s special about the city – is great and just in time for Christmas.”
And Mark Whittle, Preston BID Manager, adds:
“Preston is fortunate to be home to many outstanding landmarks, businesses and charities.
“MONOPOLY conjures up lots of great memories for so many people – this we are sure will be the perfect gift for Christmas.”
Andrew Stringer, Centre Manager at St. George’s Shopping Centre commented: “We are delighted to be included on Preston’s very own MONOPOLY game, the game celebrates everything which makes Preston unique… I can’t wait to get my hands on one!”
The board has been produced by Winning Moves UK, under official license from the MONOPOLY brand, owned by Hasbro.
George Shrimpton, Custom Games Executive at Winning Moves UK, says:
“We feel the game is a Love Letter to Preston. It is also, perhaps, the perfect limited lockdown gift and must-have for Christmas.”
The new edition is now available at stores across Preston including WHSmith, Waterstones, Ryman and The Works – as well as very widely available online, including on Amazon.
Hasbro (NASDAQ: HAS) is a global play and entertainment company committed to Creating the World’s Best Play and Entertainment Experiences. From toys, games and consumer products to television, movies, digital gaming, live action, music, and virtual reality experiences, Hasbro connects to global audiences by bringing to life great innovations, stories and brands across established and inventive platforms. Hasbro’s iconic brands include NERF, MAGIC: THE GATHERING, MY LITTLE PONY, TRANSFORMERS, PLAY-DOH, MONOPOLY, BABY ALIVE, POWER RANGERS, PEPPA PIG and PJ MASKS, as well as premier partner brands. Through its global entertainment studio eOne, Hasbro is building its brands globally through great storytelling and content on all screens. Hasbro is committed to making the world a better place for children and their families through corporate social responsibility and philanthropy. Hasbro ranked No. 13 on the 2019 100 Best Corporate Citizens list by CR Magazine and has been named one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by Ethisphere Institute for the past nine years. We routinely share important business and brand updates on our Investor Relations website, Newsroom and social channels (@Hasbro on Twitter and Instagram.)